IMMEDIATE NEED!!! POSITION BASED IN COLUMBUS, OH--MUST RELOCATE.
Compensation will be based on experience.
Company assisted relocation is available. Work schedule is Monday -Thursday (10hr shifts) or Friday - Sunday (12hr shifts)
The Machine Shop Team Member will provide the skill and work ethic required to build the components for our world class food processing equipment at the best Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost possible.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets up and effectively operate conventional, special purpose, CNC and Numerical Control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate SS and nonmetallic parts
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Uses measuring devices such as micrometers and veneer calipers
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures. Uses tooling such as taps, endmills, drills
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Troubleshoots problems with minimal or no assistance
- Repairs mistakes with minimal or no assistance
- Skilled at manufacturing necessary fixturing
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Capable of effectively operating both Manual and CNC equipment
- Both Lathe & Mill experience preferred, but not required
- Experience in “Job Shop” type environment
- Frequent changeovers are required
- Ability to write programs and/or make complex program edits strongly preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English fluently
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Self-Motivation and flexibility of job assignments
- Shop has various operating platforms including, but not limited to, Mazak, Haas, Okuma, Clausing, Acer and Sharp
- Ideal candidate will be willing and able to learn all platforms and move platforms as needed to support business conditions
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, drawings
- Five or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic computer skills including ERP transactional experience
- Trade or Technical School Preferred.
- Crawling around equipment
- Standing for long periods of time
- Reaching, lifting, and pushing equipment and machine components
- Ability to lift minimum 35 pounds