IMMEDIATE NEED!!! MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE NORTH OF DENVER, CO
Engineer (Electrical) focused on Solar Inverter Sustaining Programs
Our client, a leader in solar equipment maintainability, seeks an Electrical Engineer (or other related engineering) to join their team. The purpose of this role is to perform field support and sustaining engineering activities for several thousand fielded central photovoltaic inverters. This position will be based just north of Denver, CO.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, electrical engineering professional with power electronics and PV inverter experience who is energized and stimulated by progressive technical proficiency and growth. We are looking for a candidate who is organized, communicates well, and requires minimal supervision. This is a technical contributor position.
- Provide daily field support engineering to troubleshoot inverter maintenance and repair activities. Log file analysis.
- Work with procurement in qualifying suppliers, defining special requirements, testing, and processes verification and validation.
- Sustaining engineering to qualify and document mechanical and electronic changes.
- Equivalency analysis and testing with report Selection of second source components and changes to PCBAs.
- Update design documentation impacted by change, including component specifications, component and assembly drawings, test requirements, and
- Test and diagnose issues with high power PV inverters containing digital & analog electronic assemblies and transformer, inductor, and high frequency switching sections.
- Program and test development for programmable PCBAs with existing firmware using JTAG and FPGA tools.
- Download existing firmware and software to PV inverters through TCP/IP communication Test PV inverter communications TCP/IP and Modbus networks.
- Provide regular status of work and open Able to work alone or on teams that may be located remotely.
- Occasional travel to PV inverter sites and to support consulting, troubleshooting and repair.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline, preferably Electrical
- Highly proficient in the use of complex instruments and equipment (DMM, Oscilloscopes, Quality Power Meters, Data Acquisition Units). LabVIEW based test automation experience
- Familiar with PCBA schematics, PCBA layout and fab drawings, electronic BOMs.
- Highly proficient computer
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Excel and Excellent technical writing skills.
- Domestic travel will be required to support and lead troubleshooting at PV inverter sites; 10%.
- 5+ years direct relevant experience in power electronics or PV
- Familiarity with AE Solaron/NX and AE/PVPowered/TX solar inverters.
- Solid background in electronics sustaining engineering including all aspects of
- Experience in trouble shooting 2-layer/4-layer circuit board assemblies using mixed signal oscilloscopes to identify root cause and provide documentation of
- Excellent understanding of PCBA Ability to work details with suppliers using ODB++ and Gerber formats.
- Experience loading firmware to FGPA or devices on PCBAs
- SolidWorks CAD for 2D drawing modification.