Real Estate Law Firm seeks candidates for our [NEWPORT NEWS, VIRGINIA BEACH, WILLIAMSBURG, or GLOUCESTER] office with knowledge of and experience with closing residential real estate transactions for its real estate practice. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, respect for discretion and confidentiality, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines, and a have the ability to work in a fast paced environment. The candidate must demonstrate a positive representation of the firm’s commitment to client service and must demonstrate the desire to be an essential part of a busy practice as a team player.
Pay is commensurate with experience... $14 -28 hr.
Skills and Qualifications
- Assist in the preparation of real estate documents, exhibits and schedules and assisting with closing as needed;
- Analyze title documents, real property legal descriptions and surveys; identify and recommend title endorsements and removal of or changes to title exceptions; and coordinate with title companies regarding title insurance policy issues and satisfaction of closing conditions;
- Familiarity with loan documents;
- Address post-closing matters;
- Knowledge of SoftPro is not required, but is a plus;
- Ordering payoffs from lenders;
- Gathering info from all parties in the transaction i.e. buyers, sellers, other title company/law firm;
- Post closing experience;
- Scheduling clients for closings;
- Preparing settlement statements to conform with lender requirements and balancing final numbers with lenders.
- Communicating with clients, realtors and lenders on a daily basis.
- Clearing title issues for each transaction.
- Gathering documents for closing and putting files together for closing.
- Gathering all invoices for a transactions.
Please submit resume and references.