Under the direction of the Security Manager: The Security Officer maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 1 year prior experience as a security officer, prior military, or law enforcement officer.
• Demonstrated experience working well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Two or more years as a security officer, prior military or law enforcement officer preferred
• Data center operations or telecommunications experience, a technical understanding of the components of the data center or network operations and a demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate technical data, methods and procedures.
• Proficient with Windows-based computer applications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property
• Monitors surveillance equipment
• Inspects buildings, equipment, and access points
• Performs escalation duties related to major problems impacting business, or site outages.
• Ensures all established Security policies and procedures are maintained and followed
• Makes decisions with an understanding of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve desired results.
• Responsible for monitoring of the property and access control
• May be required to control traffic by directing drivers and enforces parking regulations.
• Reports atypical situations to management.
• Responds and reports on all emergency, fire and safety hazards.
• Promotes positive public relations by offering courteous service to customers, visitors, and guests and responding to their requests.
• Monitors and controls the building's life safety system and central security panel.
• Provides escort for guests, visitors, and contractors as required.
• Continually works to improve all department procedures to improve efficiencies and service levels.
• Assesses monitoring faults and prioritizes, responds, and escalates accordingly.
• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities
• Informs violators of policy and procedures
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities, interviewing witnesses, obtaining signatures.
• Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
• Sets deadlines for work units and projects and successfully meets deadlines.
• Assist in development of operating and capital budgets