Exciting opportunity for a full-time, Field Service Engineer in our client's Equipment Division.
The Field Service Engineer will provide on-site machine installation, troubleshooting, repair and training for our domestic and international customers.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will..
- Test, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic mechanical functions per machine capabilities in field at customer production sites.
- Conduct training with customer’s employees to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Customer focused to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Perform field service repair, installation and start-up of machines, including but not limited to complete electrical and hydraulic integration.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documenting of all service related activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC’s and drives.
- Provide customer service technical phone support.
- Assist in mechanical/electrical assembly and testing of equipment to meet scheduled deliveries.
- Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times
Experience and Skills:
- Completion of an accredited two-year associate’s degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent accrued experience and on-the-job training.
- Five years of field service experience.
- Previous Plastic injection molding experience is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting ability to support electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and servo applications.
- Ability to read hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic drawings and schematic prints.
- PLC experience preferably with Allen Bradley (Logix 500 and 5000).
- Servo drive experience preferably with Rexroth (Indraworks).
- Projects a positive attitude with customers and co-workers.
- Strong and professional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively using professional e-mail etiquette.
- Solid analytic, diagnosis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to continually learn and support new technologies.
- Must be able to travel up to 80% domestically and internationally.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed