Exciting opportunity for a full-time, 12 hour night Shift Supervisor at clients molding facility. Work hours are under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours).
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising through strategic planning to ensure the highest level of Safety, Quality, and Efficiency are being met on the manufacturing floor
As a Shift Supervisor, you will..
- Manage the priorities and deployment of the people and all production activity on the 12 hour day shift. Prioritize production runs and make rates on production at the established quality level. Be responsible for the performance of jobs being run.
- Schedule, assign, and perform time and attendance for operators in each cell to specific jobs in the Employee Scheduler.
- Coordinate press coverage during operator breaks and reallocation of operators. Ability to direct press and operator schedules to optimize production ensuring Operators are being cross trained on all types of presses.
- Approve production cell for production.
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained in the molding department.
- Train and develop production employees to perform the job effectively. Responsible for supporting and meeting the requirements for Career development plans and any associated training(s). Coordinate and handle any updated training requirements per the quality system.
- Supervise and evaluate all employees. Handle performance reviews for assigned shift. Hold employees accountable to complete job tasks and when needed, complete and process Performance Action Reports.
- Communicate and enforces Company policies and safety regulations. Ensure that safety remains your team’s highest priority.
- Be accountable for interpretation of specifications, blueprints and job orders to operators.
- Manage shift based on BOM. Facilitates BOM changes when necessary.
- Manage the pack off area for the clean room.
- Document production notes.
- Work with quality to determine root cause of non-conforming parts and develops an action plan.
- Analyze and resolve work issues or assist staff in solving work issues.
- Be responsible for promoting team building by interacting with everyone on the shift.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate staff to achieve work goals.
- Handle Shift Reporting
Experience and Skills:
This might be the job for you if you have:
- Associates degree in related field and 3-5 years of supervisory experience or accrued on-the-job training and experience.
- Plastics manufacturing experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven leadership shills
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift
- Good understanding and ability to perform tasks and create documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Experience with MRP systems
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed