The Process Technician is responsible for setting up tools and troubleshooting molds for our production floor
Our client has current openings on 12 Hour Day or Night Shifts. Work hours are 5:45 to 6:00 under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours). 10% shift premium
As the Process Technician, you will..
- Check production process against documented process, which includes all support equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production molds. (i.e. mold cleans, basic insert changes and proper greasing of tools).
- Perform set ups on 2-shot tools, rotary strippers, turn table style, spin stacks and robotics.
- Perform programming functions and troubleshoot for robotic/automation systems.
- Perform set-up and troubleshoot for injection molding and understands basic blow-molding processes.
- Perform start-up and shut-down procedures.
- Verify settings are accurate.
- Approve quality of parts to go into production.
- Record start up and in process checks and identify events.
- Update process window per procedure when necessary.
- Perform a viscosity curve.
- Perform a gate freeze.
- Perform 2-shot molding.
- Trouble shoot valve gate systems and trouble shoot hydraulic systems on tools.
- Monitor material handlers and provide training to ensure that they perform proper set up of materials.
- Monitor set up technicians and provide training to ensure that they do set ups properly.
Experience and Skills:
- A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Completion of an accredited two-year technical college program, or a four-year university program, in a related field of study is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience or accrued on-the-job training and experience.
- Plastics injection molding experience.
- Fork truck and Lock out Tag out Certification.
- Basic hydraulic, electrical and troubleshooting experience.
- Able to program a core sequence on a tool.
- A Positive Attitude
- Strong attention to detail
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed