SUMMARY: Facilitates the smooth flow of work through the plant by managing and coordinating activities of the scheduling, production, shipping and maintenance departments responsible for fabrication and delivery of roof/floor trusses and components. Ensures that outgoing products meet or exceed standards.
- Safety – Provide leadership and guidance to location management for the acceptance, maintenance and enforcement of Safety Program
- High Performance – Coach, encourage and reward managers to consistently perform at a high level and with a sense of urgency
- Integrity & Honesty – Demonstrate and enforce full compliance to rules, regulations and standards in a candid, truthful and ethical manner
- Focus – Perform and lead managers with constancy of purpose to meet strategic objectives.
- Teamwork – Encourage, leverage and coordinate efforts of management teams to work together to solve problems and sustain improvements to meet organizational goals
- Prioritizes assembly of roof/floor trusses and components based on material requirements, committed completion dates, staffing efficiency, and other factors influencing the fabrication and shipping process.
- Approves worker hour requirements for completion of the production schedule.
- Directs integration of new job orders into production schedule to meet committed delivery dates.
- Responsible for maintaining division labor cost objectives.
- Directs supervisors in coordinating activities of individual departments for staffing needs and job priorities.
- Directs all scheduling and reporting activities of Production Department, production administrative staff including, input of production data to generate reports provided to management, tracking production rates, costs and job status, maintaining production employee fi1es, payroll and safety programs.
- Directs and analyzes results of the monthly inventory process.
- Recommends and approves all machinery, tool and equipment maintenance spending.
- Responsible for freight costs and placement of loads to be hauled by common carriers.
- Estimates freight cost for potential jobs.
- Updates 12-week backlog with sales and management twice weekly.
- Responsible for developing measures to control and/or improve production costs, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Implements changes in working conditions, production techniques, and use of equipment to control costs, and increase efficiency of plant/department.
- Analyzes and resolves production problems and directs communication of solution to workers.
- Answers questions from customers regarding product or service.
- Establishes and maintains quality control procedures and communications with the sales force.
- Complies with all employee conduct and safety guidelines and ensures that employee conduct and safety guidelines are followed and applied in a consistent manner to all employees.
- Chairs the plant safety committee. Reviews all accident and injury investigations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Manages two to six supervisors who are responsible for directing from 20 to 60 employees in the roof truss, floor truss, components, loading, production administration and shipping departments. The Production Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; reviewing employee time cards; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; approving employee termination.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to lead, and motivate people
- Understanding of financial management principles and practices
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination, and execution. Includes strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques, and production methods
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with senior management, employees, customers, and the general public
- Ability to plan actions and implement
- Ability to negotiate
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications, primarily Microsoft Office Products and Outlook
- Completion of the company sponsored First Aid and CPR courses.
Production Clerical Support
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four year college or university; or
- Two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of leadership, and ability to motivate others.