Provides electrical engineering support to implement production equipment and / or systems.
- Investigates, researches, and/or analyzes new technology and existing equipment/systems to determine need for modifica- tion/improvement and the feasibility of introducing new equipment or
- Develops implementation alternatives/options and proposes them to management for review and
- Plans and designs automated production equipment or systems, such as instruments, controls, machines, and mechanical or electrical systems, by applying knowledge of engineering
- Develops and writes equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analyses, and proposals for integrating ma- chinery and equipment. Orders necessary materials for in-house
- Reviews contractor proposals with Purchasing and evaluates vendors and proposed Makes recommendations regarding how project should be implemented.
- Reviews, verifies and approves vendor supplied drawings, schematics, panel layouts and / or system architecture Reviews / approves functionality of vendor supplied PLC / HMI programming and / or system architecture.
- Designs, develops, assembles, and tests prototype equipment/systems for new/improved functions and/or Ana- lyzes data to verify efficiency/reliability of prototypes.
- Creates detailed schematics, panel layouts, and system architecture drawings for in-house Creates and verifies associated PLC / HMI programs. Updates schematics, etc. to as-built conditions.
- Researches and interprets industry consensus standards to determine applicability to current and future equipment and / or processes (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, etc).
- Coordinates and /or performs Risk Assessments to ensure equipment & processes are built in compliance with OSHA and industry consensus standards (ANSI, RIA, NFPA, etc).
- Plans and coordinates layout of manufacturing plant to maximize operating efficiency. Performs cycle time studies and analyzes flow of people, parts and products through the facility to determine effectiveness of current equipment/methods and identify areas for
- Coordinates fabrication and testing of new equipment/systems for in-house Coordinates and communicates with affected departments throughout the development / implementation process.
- Coordinates vendor activities and oversees installation process to ensure adherence to schedule and to ensure machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to Conducts testing and initially approves payment for
services/equipment. Coordinates and communicates with affected departments throughout the development / implementa- tion process.
- Determines parts supply, maintenance tasks, safety procedures, and service schedule required to maintain machines and equipment in prescribed condition. Creates appropriate
- Develops and conducts equipment training programs and demonstrates skills to
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and
- Troubleshoots equipment
- May be assigned additional duties and/or special
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, 2-4 years experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of PLC programming, experience with RS Logix is a Basic knowledge of HMI programming and implementation.
- Must have project engineering experience, preferably related to production
- Experience with robotics and vision systems (programming and implementing) is a
- Ability to create and comprehend schematics and controls
- Proficiency with CAD software preferred – AutoCad Electrical preferred, but not
- Must possess strong communication skills to effectively interact with various levels of nontechnical, technical and manage- ment
- May have to work overtime and may be assigned to other shifts based on company