This position is ideal for a self-motivated adventurer, as there will be travel, both domestic and international. Initial training on our systems will be conducted in the West Sacramento and Denver facilities.
The Field Service Engineer will schedule and perform on-site installation, service, and repair of complex agricultural sorting equipment and will verify and approve the equipment's operational quality.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Qualified candidates, located within 50 miles of a major airport, should apply online as these positions will fill quickly!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install new or modified equipment at customer facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Perform all mechanical, electric, electronic and optical tuning and setup.
- Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently.
- Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic maintenance of system.
- Service and maintain installed equipment and preventive maintenance visits.
- Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment.
- Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
- Mentor junior level Field Support Engineers both technically and administratively.
- Perform on-call, standby duty and travel as needed.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing/training customers on operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Military training or equivalent experience in electronic system troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience in field service and customer support.
- Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, PLC circuits.
- Working knowledge of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers in the English language are necessary.
- Adheres to all safety procedures.
- Spanish and other languages are a plus!
- Candidates must live within 50 miles of a major airport to be considered for the position.
- An Associate's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, mechatronics or industrial engineering is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Extensive travel by car and by air, with overnight travel required. Job requires frequent bending and kneeling, lifting of up to 80 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to pass criminal background and drug screening.
Initial training is provided at the Denver facility for all candidates, ranging from several weeks to several months, depending on experience.