Field Service Engineer
Sr. Applications and Technical Support Engineer
Located in California, our company is an international company with over thirty years’ experience supplying equipment to the food processing industry. We are a dynamic company with an outstanding product line and customer satisfaction in the sorting industry. Our US operation has an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Engineer.
We have operating facilities in the United States and overseas. Through our specialized divisions, we design, manufacture and market sorting solutions to the food processing industry. We are currently seeking to add someone who can support our Products to Customers in assigned Geographic territories.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out installations, calibrations, performance trials and acceptance tests for equipment.
- Provide technical support to remote equipment.
- Carry out ad hock and scheduled service on machines.
- Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment.
- Project management and execution of nstallations including calibrations of each contracted product type (meat, potatoes, etc.) optimizing customer resources and involvement.
- Execute automation projects associated with nstallations within Automation Process Procedures and in consultation with a Senior Automation staff.
- Contribute to sales presentations and discussions as appropriate for selling the equipment and associated automation systems.
- Aid in the generation of support documentation for customers and support personnel.
- Liaises with Supply Chain and Sales staff to clarify all technical matters relating to the technical details in the sales proposal and subsequent order specifications.
- Manage and perform application support to the market and technical support to vendors as required.
- Connect with corporate based R&D engineers on component obsolescence and specification change issues.
- Maintain complete and secure engineering files on products in accordance with Tomra procedures.
- Approve customization of products to customer’s requirements.
- Local testing of new applications.
- Other support activities as assigned on products.
- Coordinate shipment/delivery for equipment and parts of all sales, trials, and trade show material, etc.
- Schedule installation services required for all equipment installations
- Document service visits, equipment configurations and services as performed and evaluated in the field
- Coordinate with manufacturing and engineering to establish and/or maintain proper assignment of part numbers and appropriate inventory levels a t our warehouse locations.
- Military training or equivalent experience in electronic system troubleshooting a plus.
- Experience in industrial technology and customer support.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Basic knowledge of process control and statistics
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- Complete all required customer, management and engineering paperwork and/or data entry in a timely manner.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to converse effectively in the English language are necessary.
- A Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or industrial engineering is preferred.
- Travel by car and by air, with overnight travel is required. Job requires frequent bending and kneeling, lifting of up to 80 lbs.