· Diagnose and repair, or commission, electro-hydraulic components or systems at customer sites. May be responsible for system/machine design on site may include material fabrication, assembly and modification of equipment on site assignments will be both short-and-long term, work may be performed at domestic or international customer facilities.
· Evaluate and identify potential new business at customer sites.
· As a representative, communicate professionally and effectively with customers, employees of the company, and/or sub-contractors, in an occasionally stressful environment.
· Prepare detailed field service reports on computer. Reports will include daily records of work performed, materials used, hours worked, expense account items, etc.
· Perform work on inside service repairs when not working on field assignments.
· Participate in ongoing training for new products and technologies.
· Thorough working knowledge of hydraulic components (i.e. Pumps, motors, prop valves, logic valves, accumulators, filters, etc.)
· Thorough working knowledge of Electrical components (i.e. Motors, motor controls, relays, transformers, etc.)
· Ability to interpret and analyze hydraulic and electrical schematics.
· Ability to work in difficult physical and stressful situations for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple assignments.
· Working knowledge of computer and Microsoft Office softare. Ability to learn field data acquisition equipment.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
· Able to travel 70% to domestic and international customer sites, with little or no advance notice. Work overtime as necessary to complete project.
Experience & Education
· Associates Degree in Electronics, Mechatronics, or Industrial Automation from an accredited institution (ex. CHEA), or comparable training and experience.
· Three to five years of hands on experience with hydraulic systems, in both hydraulic and electronic capacity.