Are you a dedicated, motivated and technically strong Field Representative or has a repair background? Do you have electronic and electrical troubleshooting skills and possess a good working aptitude for mechanical, electrical and CNC repair? If so, here is a great career opportunity!
A leading national machine tool manufacturer with worldwide recognition is actively seeking a Laser Field Service Representative to service our laser cutting machines in customer facilities in the Iowa area. In the role of Field Representative, our “A Player” has an entrepreneurial spirit; enjoys the independence of running (their own business within a business) and creating their own schedule. Hands-on experience with electrical, mechanical, hydraulics and pneumatics very helpful.
Our field positions are home based, but definitely require an individual who is accustomed to some travel. We do give our Field Reps weekends off unless there is an urgent matter.
We offer a comprehensive training program to all our field service employees and a competitive benefits package that includes:
- A competitive hourly wage, plus the opportunity for overtime
- Paid vacation, personal days and 10 company paid holidays
- Field employees are provided a company vehicle and expense card
- An incentive program based on key performance indicators that drive our business
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance, company paid
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, company paid
- Disability Insurance, company paid
- 401(k) match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Our culture is team-oriented and collaborative. Our extensive training program lasts a total of 6 months. The first 2 to 3 months you will be held at our corporate office in a classroom and field setting. You will have the opportunity to meet with other new employees and the training staff to develop professional relationships. Our training staff is the best in the business, so when you are out in the field and need assistance, help is only a phone call away. In addition, you will be coming into the corporate office for periodic meetings, so you will always feel a part of the team.
As our Field Representative, experience with CO2 and fiber lasers, CNC fabricating equipment; Fanuc Control/PLC logic is desired. This position involves field service work on our customers' CNC and Laser Cutting Machines. You will need to live in the North Eastern Iowa area, to service our customers in that area.
Additional responsibilities for the Service Technician include:
- Preventative maintenance
- Troubleshooting and repair
The successful Field Representative must have a two year technical degree in Electronics or Laser Electro-Optics, or equivalent Advance Electronic Training (Military) experience. Work experience in electronics/electronics field; mechanical ability.
Additional requirements for the Service Technician include:
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of Windows Networking Systems
- Industrial experience with CNC equipment/CO2 and fiber lasers preferred
- Ability to travel frequently and extensively (weekends at home)
- Excellent professional customer service and communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Previous Field Service background, preferred
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license, ability to pass a background check and drug screen